Saturday, February 26, 2011

sham - ROCK!

when i say shamrock...i seem to put emphasis on the rock part...even have been known to do a little air guitar along with it!...so... when thinking up a little st paddy's day crafty...had the idea to get out some old records again!...and how awesome was it to find i had a green one in my stash!...

with some tracing, melting, and snipping...i ended up with this adorable little guy!...but wasn't done there...drilled a hole and added some ball chain...instant keychain!...or you could use one of those keyring thingies ...sorry for the technical term...lol...

 

the quick how to...i cut the shamrock shape from my cricut paper doll dress up and cartridge at 2 1/4" inches...using a pencil...traced onto the record...heated the oven to 200 degrees...put record on a silicon baking sheet...heated for like a minute or two...it'll start to "ruffle" up...then using my tim holtz scissors...started cutting away...when the record starts hardening up...just pop back in and reheat...keep doing this until the shamrock's all cut out!...put back in oven one final time... take out and curl up the edges a bit...you're done!...

but don't panic...no green record?...it's still just as cute with a black one!...this one has a pin slapped on the back!...

 
packaged all up for gifting!...

 
now this is for sure...one sham-ROCKING paddy's day craft!...

****check out my linky party directory on the sidebar to see where i'm linking to this week!...

11 comments:

Jean said...

Love this and I have to say, I really like the black one. I need to find a record and give this a try.

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

This turned out so cute. That sounds like a lot of work to keep the record soft enough to cut. You are lucky you found a green record. It does ROCK!

greenbean said...

i actually only had to pop it back in the oven one time...even though it gets a little stiff...it'll still cut pretty easily!...

Staci said...

Too cool! TFS!

LorraineB said...

Ooooooo! I love the black one! I like how you used the music paper, and the green ribbon just makes it!
Lorraine

Pam said...

Hey, that's a great idea! Now to find some old records... Thanks for sharing!:-)

Tracy said...

Ohh this is so fun. Love it.
We donated all our old records. Even the collector ones oops

Sew Hungryhippie said...

So cool! I love it, thanks for sharing. Now I wish I hadn't pitched my old records...
natalie

Megan said...

what an interesting idea. I'm kinda intrigued and kinda scared to try it!!!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

How cute-you rock.

Ginger said...

Love this idea awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails